Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wedding and "bem-casados"


Happy New Year! Wow, it has been quite a while since I 've been here, huh?! Sorry!! But I was on vacation and enjoying some time with my family that was here.
I have great news! My dear friend Flavia from Cupcake Delicious got married! Yes, she is now Mrs. Cupcake Delicious! And to make this even better her wedding was in Las Vegas! Très chic and of course I went with my husband! In Brazil there's a lovely tradition to give to each guest a "bem-casado" which is basically a cookie (looks like a whoopie pie). There's no wedding without it in Brazil and I was very honored to make them for Flavia's wedding. The filling was white chocolate brigadier (which is another brazilian tradition, it's like a fudge) and the batter was made with a special sugar that I made with vanilla beans. I was very happy with the result and I think that her guests were happy too... 
Honestly that was the best wedding I ever was, no kidding! It was a small wedding because not manny people could come to Vegas but her family was so excited and happy to be there that transformed the place! The party was amazing! 
 I wish all the happiness and love for Mr. and Mrs. Cupcake Delicious! :D


Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment