Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chocolate-cake box

Hey you guysss!! ;P
Valentine's Day here in the U.S. in on February 14th but in Brazil is in July 12th and my husband is very lucky because this year (just like the year before) he'll get sweet treats for both Valentines Day! :D For the american V-day I made him a very special cake. It's a cake that I saw on Bakerella site a while ago and I always wanted to try. It's a heart- chocolate-box made out of cake and fondant! Super cool!! :) And to get better... the "cake-box" is filled with cake truffles (which are the same thing as cake pops just without the stick).
My hubby loved his gift! The flavour of the cake is dark chocolate and I used cream cheese buttercream (OH MY GOSH, this is so yummy!! I totally recommend!!) that I also got from Mrs. Bakerella and you can find the recipe here.
I hope you like it!! 
And there it is... the "box" of chocolate! yummy!!
Tha cake truffles
More truffles
Oh, oh... a broken heart... ;P

Happy Baking!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. You have made some amazing cakes. I wish I could decorate cakes as well as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, thank you so much!!! Of course you can decorate!! I'm still learning!! :D

    ReplyDelete